Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Favourite Lipstick Of All Time

I recently joined ifb (Independent Fashion Bloggers) and I've been loving it. If you are an independent fashion blogger and love great articles to help you blog better and a wonderfully supportive community, then sign up here

As some may know, I am a lipstick addict. I have so many colours that they threaten to take over the entire bathroom. So when I saw that ifb asked bloggers to share the lipstick they most adore, I had to participate. You can check out their request for best lipstick here.


So without more rambling here is my confession of lipstick love. I am madly in love with L'Oreal's Colour Caresse Shine Stain. Why you may ask? Well to start off the colours are beautiful. There are twelve colours including mauves, pinks, nudes, one red and one coral shade. 


Being that I am a red head, I bought Coral Tattoo and it's awesome! What's really wonderful is that you can put just a bit on for a peachy/orange look or add another layer and get a bold pop of orange/red goodness. I go for the bold 'cause I feel life's too short for wussy lip colour. I loved it so much in fact that I went back and got Eternally Caramel which is a gorgeous nude brown with flecks of gold in it (I also got another Coral Tattoo as they were on sale). And this lipstick makes your lips super glossy too without the stickiness that other glosses have. 


Now for the best part - if those other things didn't make you want to get in your car, go to the store, grab this lipstick yelling as you approach the check-out, "Shut-up and take my money!!" this will. It has amazing staying power. Most glosses need to be re-applied every half-hour but this product won't do you like that. Eventually the gloss fades, but the pigment actually stains your lips so you can enjoy the colour for a lot longer.


An added bonus is that I have read reviews claiming that this lipstick is very similar to YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain (One of the reviews is located here). I have not personally tried YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain due to the $32 price tag. I got my L'Oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain for $6.99 so that's just another reason why I love it!

Now I just need to sit back and wait for L'Oreal to discover this article, send me money, and make me their official spokesmodel. I doubt this will ever happen, but if it does, my lips are ready for their close-up.

Clothes But Not Quite
Colours left to right, top to bottom: Pink Resistance, Lilac Ever After, Berry Persistent, Endless Red, Pink Rebellion, Eternally Nude, Pink Perseverance, Everlasting Caramel, Rose On And On, Infinite Fuchsia, Stubborn Plum, Coral Tattoo










Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I have only ever found one good red lip stain that I like and it is Chanel and it dries out super quickly, so I always have to have a Juicy Tube or something to put over it! Must try this!

    : signe
    : the daily savant :
    : the daily savant : Blog Lovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! You also really can't go wrong for the price. The most I've ever seen it is for $12.99. I got mine on sale for $6.99.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.