And yes it was only $16.99! Now to jazz it up a bit, I'm going to add some royal blue to the mix:
Here's the breakdown on what I spent:
Dress $16.99 Value Village
Blazer $38.00 Reitmans
Necklace $4.25 eBay
So the moral of the story is when all else fails, head to your nearest second hand shop.
To help you out while you look for the perfect ensemble, here is a list of what not to wear to a wedding:
- White because that is solely reserved for the bride
- Anything too short. Knee length or longer is best.
- Anything too sleazy - showing too much cleavage or something skin-tight is not a good idea.
- Flip flops. They are way too casual unless it's a beach wedding and even then you could find some cure sandals to wear instead.
- Denim - way too casual.
- The colour the bridal party is wearing so you don't look like a part of it when you aren't.
- Shorts - even if they are dressy they are still too casual.
- Anything that is not part of the dress code if there is one established on the invitation. For example wearing a sundress to a black tie wedding is not acceptable.