Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, February 13, 2012

For The Men!

I know I spend a lot of time talking about women topics because... well... I am a woman! I have neglected our men followers as of late so I will try to remember to talk about men's style more often. So, here goes!

My husband likes to go to the spa. There, I've said it and there's no turning back now (unless he reads this and tells me that I'm embarrassing him and I delete this entry but I hope that doesn't happen). I think that in today's day and age there is absolutely nothing wrong with men looking after themselves and practising great grooming habits. Afterall why should women only be the ones to fuss and fret over looking their best only to go on a date with a guy who looks like K-Fed on a bad day?

Someone once said, "Women come out of the bathroom in the morning totally transformed. Men come of the bathroom in the morning smelling better." Men, if showering and shaving are the only thing you are doing to get ready for the day ahead, have I got some suggestions for you!

1. Ditch the Uni-brow

Invest in some good tweezers (Tweezerman slant ones are my favourite) and pluck those stray hairs between your brows. If you have exceptionally bushy brows that almost cover your eyelid, then go to a salon and get your eyebrows shaped with a good waxing.

2. Ditch the Nosehairs

If women are watching an octopus' tentacles move in and out of your nostrils when you breathe, then trim your nosehairs. Trimmers are very inexpensive and can be found anywhere. this goes for ear hair too.

3. Ditch the Grey

We colour our hair, so why don't you try it if you are pre-maturely greying? Pre-mature greying is when your getting a lot of grey hair in your 20s and 30s. And don't go with Just For Men as it is crap that comes off on everything. Women's hair colour is far more superior in every way. If you feel weird about buying a box with a woman on it, pretend it's for your girlfriend/wife. Or get it done at a salon.

4. Ditch Soap and Water For Your Face

Start a good skin care regime which doesn't involve using soap on your face. Soap dries out skin and clogs pores. Buy a dedicated face cleaner for your skin type. Also exfoliate your skin once a week either by using a gritty scrub or a chemical exfoliant like Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA). And everyday of the year, wear a sunscreen of 15 SPF or more. You don't want your woman to look old and neither do we want you to!

5. Ditch the TV

Start exercising! You have it way easier than a woman to gain muscle and lose weight being that we are fat storers thanks to our ability to have a baby. You don't want a fat girlfriend/wife and we don't want a fat guy. We like to be able to brag to our girlffriends how attractive our man is.

6. Ditch the T-Shirts (at least once in a while)

There was a photo on facebook circulating recently that said, "A well-tailored suit is to women what lingerie is to men." Although this is cute, it is also true. I'm not saying that you have to wear a suit to go grocery shopping with your gal, but at least put some effort into your appearance. Wear nice jeans or khakis and a button down shirt or golf shirt. Wear some nice shoes, not the beat up runners you use to mow the lawn. Trust me, your effort will pay off in ways I cannot discuss here. *wink*

Now guys, I know not to give you more ideas because quite frankly I think this may be more than enough for you to process if you never tried any of these things. But try them and you'll see that not only you'll feel better about yourself, but maybe you will find that certain special someone or keep that special someone interested. Hope this helped out!
Joelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.