Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, August 22, 2011

You Can Nail It Too!

Hello everyone! Welcome to Clothes But Not Quite – a blog updated Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for the average person wanting to know about style.

As I write this, I’m lying on a king-sized bed looking out the window at majestic mountains. My husband and I are on holidays in beautiful Canmore, Alberta. He suggested I write lots of entries for my blog as life can get pretty hectic and I don’t want to miss an entry. Great advice, Buggo!

Anyhow, I thought I’d talk about a really awesome nail polish I discovered completely by accident. I was at London Drugs looking to buy an OPI Nail Lacquer which is the only nail polish I use because it has the longest chip-free days of any polish I’ve tried. As I was looking at the sad colour collection, two ladies approached me. The younger one asked me if I have tried Sinful Colors Nail Polish. I said that I hadn’t. It turns out that she had and liked it so much that she brought her mother with her to buy more. Then the daughter thrust her bright orange tips at me proudly exclaiming, “This has stayed on for over a week and I’m a typist!”

As I glanced over at the $5.99 price tag for a bottle of Sinful Colors versus the $11.99 for OPI, I thought, “Why not?” Don’t even get me started on the colour selection! If you can think of a colour, it was there! So for a mere $17.97, I walked out of London drugs with three shades: Aqua – a metallic blue/green, San Francisco – a metallic emerald green, and Daddy’s Girl – a metallic royal purple. I bought all three to wear on my toenails. On my fingernails I usually wear a nude colour – OPI in Privacy Please is my current favourite.

Currently I am wearing two coats of Aqua (without a base or top coat) on my toes.  The picture below was taken eight days after I painted my toes. I am certain with a base and top coat they would last longer and look better. And soaking in a hot tub 5 times, going for several walks, and going whitewater rafting for an entire day probably didn’t help either!

Now here’s the exciting part! For the fiftieth person who follows my blog, I will draw a name out of my followers and give away a bottle of Sinful Colors Polish just to say thanks. I know it’s not much, but I’m poor. ; )

See you Wednesday!
Shown in photo clockwise: Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Aqua, San Francisco, Daddy’s Girl, and OPI Nail Lacquer in Privacy Please. The middle photo is my crazy toes painted with 8 day old Sinful Colors Nail polish in Aqua.

Joelle



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.