Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Beware The Golden Orb!

Happy Wednesday everyone! It’s Wednesday for me as I write this but it’s a week earlier than this entry. I’m still in the mountains making sure that you’ll have something to read for the next while.

With the recent bout of hot, sunny weather (until now it’s mostly been a rainy summer here in Edmonton) I thought I’d take a moment to write about sun protection. What does this have to do with style you may ask? You could be wearing a several thousand dollar Chanel suit complete with Birkin bag, but if someone confuses your face for your handbag, you won’t be stylish at all!

Over time sun damage will age you. Because I have fair skin, I wear at least a 30 SPF sunblock in summer and a 15 SPF in winter. Also do yourself a huge favour and do not sun tan or fake-bake. You may think you look great now, but in the next twenty years your skin will begin to take on the appearance of leather. The few times I had a sun burn as a child are coming back to haunt me as an adult. If I could travel back in time knowing what I do now about proper sun care I’d look a lot younger. 
Now if that’s not enough to make you start slathering on the sunscreen, this next bit of information might. Here in Canada one in seventy-four men and one in ninety women is expected to develop melanoma during their lifetime. (Taken from http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/cd-mc/cancer/melanoma_skin_cancer-cancer_peau_melanome-eng.php) At least two people die from skin cancer every day. (Taken from http://www.skincancerguide.ca/skin_cancer_faq.html) Okay, preaching over. Your call.

Stay tuned because Friday Zeke will be dropping by with his style advice on what not to do with his Friday Faux Paw.

If you enjoy my blog, please click on the link "Join this site" under "Followers" on the top right of this page so you will never miss an entry and show that you appreciate my work. I’ll be back on Monday so have a great rest of the week and weekend!

Joelle

Photo below: Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 30 for around $13.00


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.